Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I am not a cheerleader!!

Getting Old is tough. I fight it everyday and stay very active, but there are just some things you just can not fake. I think cheer leading might be one.

My daughter is taking a tumbling class to learn some basic moves that she will need to get on school's pep squad (the competition is fierce in the 3rd grade!!) and during one class she learned toe touches(aka spread eagle jumps). Although I do not talk about it much, I used to be a cheerleader in high school. My best move was the toe-touch jump. I shared this with her and she asked if I could still do it. I thought why not, I consider myself in pretty good shape, it is only a little jump. Boy was I wrong. I did something that almost resembled a jump and proceeded to fall on my butt. The bright side is that I entertained my children who were all rolling on the floor laughing!! The downside was that in addition to hurting my pride, I think I might have broken my whole body!!!

It has been 20 years since I graduated high school. What was I thinking. Cheer leading is not for 37 year olds!! Next time I will just coach, not demonstrate. I do not want to break a hip or something.

2 comments:

JenZen said...

HAHAHA!! OMG! You poor thing. I tried to do some butt-tuck jumps at the gym the other day and failed miserably. Sooooo bad. I feel your pain.

Cascia Talbert said...

I don't blame you! It sounds like you learned the hard way that you are not a teenager any more. Good luck to your daughter.