Monday, March 16, 2009

Back from Vacation

I am back from a week away on a Caribbean Cruise with my family. I am feeling well rested and very fat!! Cruises are great vacations, especially for families, but can definitely make trying to keep up with a healthy lifestyle a challenge. I will say that I did pack my workout gear which I am sure felt neglected as it did not even get removed from my suitcase the entire trip. My eat healthy attitude went completely out the window as I spent much of my time drinking Pina Coladas and laying by the pool. The damage is manageable, I did gain some weight but it was worth it. I am now not running to prep for a race. I am running to get my big butt back into shape.

As far as the Cruise goes, it was great. We went on Celebrity Cruises out of Miami. We stopped in Key West (where I did get some exercise by walking to the "southern most point of the island") and Grand Cayman (does jet skiing count as exercise?) which both were beautiful. The time on the ship was great, the food and service was good (not excellent, but good) and the children loved the kids club which kept them busy throughout the entire week. The line offered a little bit of something for everyone, and it was very enjoyable.

N ow we are back!!! I started off right away with the gym and going on a run. It was a great, quick 5 miles and I regretted eating so much the entire way. I am toying with running another marathon at the end of the month, but am not sure that the logistics will work out. I must decide quick!!!


marathonmama.com Women Running the World

No comments: