Monday, March 30, 2009

Running In Costume

Just to reinforce my last blog, that I absolutely do not care what others think about how I look when I run, I am working on a costume scheme for myself and my, "running group" for the Disney Marathon!

I finally signed up for the Disney last week and am beginning to put into motion the, "costume plan". Disney is my favorite venue, and is one of the best races to go in costume (lots and lots of Tinkerbelles and Tiggers).

Because of where it is, and the amount of people who run in it; I never expect it to be my PR race. Therefore, I have decided to have some fun and fully embrace the, "Disney Magic" and go in costume. I am going to be running with at least 3 other people who will hopefully feel the same way I do and join me in costume. I have never run in a costume before, and I am pretty skittish about trying something new on race day. This begs the question, 'how would it look if I did a practice run in costume at home?' I am guessing that while this seems logical, it might draw some unwanted attention to myself (not to mention that I don't think my husband and children would let me get out of the house dressed like Minnie for a Sunday run).

I will have to give it some more thought, but I am thinking that I will have to just, "Go for it" and if it doesn't work out I can always ditch the costume in route .


Now I just have to decide who I will be, and how I can create a runner friendly costume. Good thing I have time because it might take me longer to create the costume then to train for the race.

No comments: