Monday, February 23, 2009

Tampa Marathon This Sunday

This Sunday I will be running the Tampa marathon. I have never run this race before, but it has many good reviews and looks like it will be fun. Hopefully I will make it through the race without any emotional or physical scars!! I am not up to the training level I would like to be, but I am hopeful. I ran 14 on Sunday. It was a rather uneventful run that honestly left me exhausted. The one tough thing I can say about trying to train with four children is that there really is no opportunity for rest (no nap time for me), your children really are not sympathetic to the, "mommy just ran 14 miles" excuse. On of my husband's favorite stories about training for his first marathon was that after every Sunday long run, he had to go with the family and walk around Disney World all afternoon! I just like to say that it made him tougher, I think he thinks we were cruel.

Anyhow, I went to bed at 9:00 and am feeling better today! I am going to take it pretty easy this week and hope for the best on Sunday.


www.marathonmama.com Women Running the World

No comments: