Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Long Run

Well, I did not run the Melbourne Beaches Half Marathon after all. After I wrote on Thursday, I wend to register and found out that the online registration was closed and I would have to register at the expo, the cost being $100.00 for the half. I do realize that it was my procrastination that caused me to miss the online registration so I am not going to complain about the price, but for me $100.00 was way to much for a local half marathon!!! So I decided to run my own half (well actually 14.1 miles). The run was OK, I am actually glad I did not register because it would not have been one of my best events. The weather was great, just wasn't my day. I finished the 13.1 in 2.5 hours (approximately) so I was not breaking any speed records, but I did go out and get it done. I am on a rest day today, and it will all start over again tomorrow!! Happy running!!

No comments: