Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tampa

I got the confirmation email, I am all set for Tampa on Sunday. There is no turning back now right!! After reading the confirmation I followed my usual routine. I re-read everything on the website, reviewed the course and located every water stop/food stop/medical tent etc. Once I am satisfied that I know every inch of the map I relax, but not for to long as I will go through this process several more times prior to the race.

Why I do this, I don't know. I have never run this race before and have only been to Tampa once prior to this. I have no idea where the course is in relation to the city, not to mention where each specific water stop will be located. It is all part of my process. Everyone has one, some crazier than others. At least my process is completed at my house or hotel rather than doing some "routine" race morning in front of all the other racers. (Whatever gets you through!!)

Ran a fast 3 today, will run tomorrow take off on Friday and Saturday.


http://www.marathonmama.com/ Women Running the World

No comments: