Monday, January 26, 2009

A new race

Sunday, January 25, 2009
Well I did it; I signed up to run another marathon at the end of February. I am going to try another run in Tampa, FL on March 1st. I have never run two marathons this close together so this is going to be a first for me. I am starting to think about what my training plan should be like. I have been on a two week rest period since running the Disney Marathon so I have to start kicking it into gear (I hope to be better prepared than at Disney). I am just trying to figure out a good training schedule that works with family and work. We will see how it goes. On another note, I am trying to get my 11 year old son to join the running club at school and run a 5 k with me at the end of the winter. He is resistant, and it is hard for me to believe that with both a mom and dad who love to run, he would not want to be a part of it. Oh well, I have to try to remember that just because it is my passion, it does not have to be his, but I can not help but think that if he just tried it he would love it just like I did. I remember when I was his age through college, I hated to run. It was not until I was in my mid thirties and after 4 children that I really gave it another try and could not imagine my life without it now!!!

No comments: