Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Running Shoes

My mornings are pretty hetic here, trying to get everyone up and out of the house (including myself) and this morning was a typical one here. As a result, I could not locate my favorite # 1 running shoes, and had to go with a back up pair. Both are good shoes, my favorite ones are Brooks and I have been running with them for two years. I am on my second pair of them and love them. They are affordable and work great for my feet. Prior to that I used Asics which are also good shoes but after one year of successful injury free running with them I was unable to find and exact replacement and the model that I tried does not work for me. I was never a believer in the "shoes make all the difference" theory but my own personal experience now tells me otherwise. Everytime I set out for a run with these new Asics I get knee pain, which never happened with the older Asics, or now my Brooks. They are all a similar neutral shoe, but there is something about that shoe that does not work for me. I now feel strongly that the shoe should be the first thing that you try to change if you are experiencing pain. I do not think price matters as much as finding a good quality shoe that works for you.

So today, when I had to get my back up pair, my Asics, my training run was not the best. Fortunately it was short. I think that tonight I will spend some time searching for my Brooks.

No comments: