Monday, April 6, 2009

The Road to Boston

I am a little bummed because I wanted to run a few more marathons or halfs before the start of summer. Unfortunately, because it gets so hot here in Florida, there are no more long races being offered within the state (or within reasonable driving distance) until the fall. I was trying to get to the Country Music Marathon at the end of the month, but I think that logistically it is not going to work out. It is hard to get four children situated for a weekend away, not to mention the expense, so I think I will have to skip it. I am still trying to work it out, but it is not likely.

Anyhow, not to dwell on the negative, because I am not focusing on training for some specific races in the next few months, I have decided to make and work towards a new goal: qualifying for Boston!!! This is not going to be an easy task, considering I have to shave an hour off my best time, but I have some time to train and focus on my speed. I am starting to research and work out a new training program. I will be chronicling my successes and failures here on this blog.


Wish me luck!

2 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I am trying to qualify for Boston too. I've only run one marathon (4:03) so I have to take 13 mins off for my age group. Let me know which marathon you decide on...

Marathon Mama said...

Wow, you are in a much better position than I am. Great time on your first marathon. I am giving some consideration to running the Marine Corp. for my qualifer or I might try a local Florida marathon called the Space Coast. It is in November, I don't know if it will be to late.
What race were you thinking of doing?