Monday, April 13, 2009

VIP Port a Potties are for ME!!!

I am considering running the Marine Corp Marathon this October as my Boston qualifier. As I was researching the race, I came across something that may have cinched the deal for me. VIP Port a Potties at the race.

Anyone who has run a marathon (or any long race for that matter) knows the horrors of the Port-A-Potty. Long lines, no sanitizer, no toilet paper,hideous smells....need I go on? As runners, it is just something that we learn to accept, deal with or work around, but always dread!!!

It seems that at the Marine Corp Marathon, my favorite brand, "Brooks" is offering VIP potties that have, "flushing toilets, partitioned stalls, climate control, fragrance dispenser, hot and cold running water, auto shut off faucets, and vanities with mirrors" for anyone wearing Brooks footwear or Brooks MCM 2008 apparel.

Luckily I run in Brooks shoes, so It looks like I am finally going to be a VIP of something!! (even if it is port a potties).

I have not decided on the race yet, but this definitely will weigh heavily in it's favor.

My questions to other runners is, would you consider changing your running shoes or apparel to have a better bathroom experience on race day? I guess we will see on race day!!!

4 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I love the idea of VIP potties. It might motivate me to try the Brooks shoes. Anything for no lines.

Sarah said...

That is pretty neat. I wouldn't change my shoes...they are just too essential, but I would certainly change what I wore for a better bathroom experience. :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Thanks for the info on my blog re: training plans. I think I'm going to try Hansons and see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

i dont think i would change anything but i do have a pretty healthy fear of porta potties. the ones near where i run are always filled, like they need to be dumped! so i figure it cant be any worse than the ones i normally use if i have to.