Friday, May 29, 2009

Newly Discovered Talent

I have just realized this morning that I have a new talent; I can tell you what the distance (in miles) is between just about any major intersection, or point of reference in my town and surrounding areas.

It is really funny, I was trying to decide which Target was closer to my children's school (as I was in route) and realized that I did not need Mapquest, I had all the info in my brain (Yes, I really am very excited about this!!) I guess from all of my years of running locally, I have developed various routes around town that take me on my different runs. Not only do I know the routes, but I also know the increments in half and sometimes tenth of a mile. Is this useful info, probably not, but I am just excited that I haven't lost my mind completely and I still have some capacity to learn.

I am sure that this is, "talent " is not unique to other runners. Of course, we all know the areas we run and what the distances are. It is to me just one more thing that sets us runners apart. I feel another list coming on, ten things that sets runners apart from others. Maybe that will be my weekend work.

On another note, I am going to buy new shoes this weekend. Haven't changed much, but my knee is starting to bother me. I am thinking that it might be my shoes. They have served me well (two marathons and all the training that goes with them) but are getting kind of old. It is kind of sad to downgrade them, they are kind of like an old Friend to me.

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

You're funny, and no it's not a unique talent to runners, but cool that you've developed the "force". ;)